At Railscamp X it became clear there is a gap in the current HTTP specification.
There are many ways for a developer to screw up their implementation, but no code to share the nature of the error with the end user.
We humbly suggest the following status codes are included in the HTTP spec in the 7XX range.
I think the 74X range in particular is essential!
- 74X - Meme Driven
- 740 - Computer says no
- 741 - Compiling
- 742 - A kitten dies
- 743 - I thought I knew regular expressions
- 744 - Y U NO write integration tests?
- 745 - I don’t always test my code, but when I do I do it in production
- 746 - Missed Ballmer Peak
- 747 - Motherfucking Snakes on the Motherfucking Plane
- 748 - Confounded by Ponies
- 749 - Reserved for Chuck Norris